1. REPORT OF THE AMU OUT GOING EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
2. REPORTS OF THE AMU COMMISSIONS
3. REPORT OF THE LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE CHAIR OF PACOM 2022
I am pleased to express here all of you, my best wishes for the new year 2021, with my deep hope that the pandemic COVID 19 could be brought under control in 2021 and that we can resume our activities as in the past.
Awaiting that, I am encouraging all of you to hold conferences, meetings, etc... and keep in touch virtually .
We should be optimist, to be able to maintien the 10th Pan African Congress of Mathematicians (PACOM 2021), scheduled to be held in Brazzaville, Congo, from 2nd to 7th August 2021, with the AMU General Assembly in 1st August 2021, and we will be really happy to have many colleagues from Africa and from over the world among us, to contribute in the scientific program for a real success of that more important mathematical event for our continent Africa.Please visit the PACOM 2021 Website at: pacom2021 and the AMU website: africamathunion, we will appreciate that you register, submit your abstract and apply for grant if needed. The deadline for the the abstract submission has been extended to 28th February 2021 (see the attached poste).Please be free to contact us for any needed assistance.
Now let me remind you that the deadline of nomination for the AMU -PACOM 2021 Awards and Medals is 26th February 2021. The nomination document and application form are available in both AMU website and PAMO 2021 website.
Also, I would like to seize this opportunity to invite all of you to join AMU, as individual or legal member ( in the case if you are in charge or a mathematical society , association, Ngo, department in your country), and of course, as associate individual and legal members to join AMU.
To end,ICM 2022, the Internationale congress of Mathematicians will be held in St Petersburg from 6th to 14th July 2022. I encourage you to apply for grants , to be able to attend that important congress.
With best regards
Prof Nouzha El Yacoubi
1. The African Mathematical Union Commission for Pan African Mathematics Olympiads (AMUPAMOC) is pleased to announce that the 28th Pan African Mathematics Olympiads (PAMO 2020) will be organized by AMUPAMOC in collaboration with the « Association Tunisienne pour les Compétitions et culture Mathématiques (ATCCM), under the auspices of the Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Tunisia, from 21th to 30th March 2020, in Monastir, Tunisia. Link
2. On behalf of the Selection Committee African Mathematical Union /Centre International de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées, for African Mathematical Schools, AMS (Ecole Mathématiques Africaines, EMA), we are pleased to announce that 8 AMS(EMA) have been selected to be held and supported in 2020. Link
3. THE AMU EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE 10th EDITION OF THE PAN AFRICAN CONGRESS OF MATHEMATICIANS (PACOM 2021) WILL BE HOSTED BY THE REPUBLIC OF CONGO. IT WILL BE ORGANIZED BY AMU IN COLLABORATION WITH THE MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION AT BRAZAVILLE, AUGUST 2-7, 2021.
|Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda||Algebraic topology and its Applications||15 July to 2 August 2019||Balazs Szendroi email@example.com|
|University of Lomé (Togo)||Modélisation Mathématique et Innovations Technologiques||01-13 July 2019||Zakari Djibibe firstname.lastname@example.org|
|CETIC - University of Yaoundé I||Bases mathématiques de l’intelligence artificielle||1 - 19 July 2019||Emmanuel Viennet email@example.com|
|Ecole Nationale de Commerce et de Gestion & Ecole Supérieure de Technologie-Ibn Zohr University Agadir, Morocco.||Mathématiques au service des sciences de la gestion : Finance, risk management, logistique et systèmes décisionnels||10-24 December 2019||sahar saoud firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Institut National Polytechnique HB (INPHB) Yamoussoukro Cote d’Ivoire||Équations aux Dérivées Partielles : Analyse théorique, Modélisation et Mise en œuvre numérique||19th August – 1st September, 2019||jerome kablan email@example.com|
|University of Lubumbashi||Analyse stochastique et Applications||5 -25 May ,2019||Rebecca Walo Omana firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Higher Institute of Technology Antsiranana Madagascar||Mathématiques pour les réseaux||29 th April – 10th May, 2019||Equipe Unum email@example.com|
|Centre du croissant rouge de Mehdia, Morocco||Analyse mathématique et Applications||8th April- 20th May 2019||samkabbaj firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mohamed V University Rabat Morocco||Cours Avancés en Statistique||24th June– 12th July, 2019||Abdelhak Zoglat email@example.com|
|University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa||AXIAL ALGEBRAS AND PERMUTATION GROUPS||03-16 June 2019||Bernardo Rodrigues Rodrigues@ukzn.ac.za|
|Department of Maths, University of Ilorin, Ilorin Nigeria.||Mathematical modelling approaches for advancing conservation, ecology and epidemiology||May 13-24, 2019||Agusto, F.B. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|University of Zululand. University ofZululand in South Africa||Linear and non-linear programming: Discrete optimization||03-16 June 2019||Surafel L. Tilahun TilahunS@unizulu.ac.za|
|University of Yaoundé I – Cameroun||Outils Mathématiques pour l’Economie||Du 9 - 20 December 2019||lfono2000 email@example.com|
|Abdou Moumouni University Niamey, Niger||Théorie des représentations et applications||11th to 19th September, 2019||Hassirou Mouhamadou firstname.lastname@example.org|